5 Tips To Survive Menopause Symptoms This Summer
While it’s great now that summer is here and we can all enjoy the warm weather, summer heat can worsen menopause symptoms. Hot flashes and night sweats can intensify, along with fatigue. Not to mention, when it’s warm outside, your energy levels can equally take a nosedive.
Here’s the good news, there are things you can do to help improve your energy and help you stay cool.
5 Menopause Tips To Beat The Summer Heat:
- Try to avoid wearing tight clothing or fabrics that aren’t breathable. Tight clothing can reduce circulation in the body and also trap sweat, causing you to perspire more. Wearing breathable materials and loose clothing is one way to improve circulation while also reducing the chances of trapping heat, causing you to sweat more.
- When you sweat, you lose a lot of fluids, mainly water. That’s why it’s imperative to drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is very important, especially during summer months, where warm weather can put you at risk for dehydration.
- If your home doesn’t have air conditioning, make sure you open windows and invest in fans. You might even need several to keep your home adequately circulated. Reduce excessive heat and keep the temperature in your home cool enough so that your hot flashes aren’t exacerbated. Keeping a fan in your room can also help manage night sweats. According to the sleep foundation1, a cool room promotes better sleep. So, keep your room temperature around 65 degrees for a quality night’s rest.
- Consume refreshing foods that are also gut-healthy and high in fiber, such as salads, vegetables, and fruits. Try to stay away from spicy foods, as too much hot sauce might add flavor to your favorite dish but make your hot flashes ten times worse. Also, high sodium amounts in spicy sauces can cause water retention.
- Amberen Menopause offers symptom relief of up to 12 menopause symptoms. This includes helping to stave away bothersome hot flashes, icky night sweats, fatigue, mood swings, and so much more. Plus, our unique formulation contains no hormones, drugs, herbs, and gives you energy without added caffeine.
Menopause is a transition that definitely comes with ups and downs. Weather can play a big factor in causing some symptoms to worsen. Taking Amberen Menopause for symptom relief and making healthy lifestyle choices are ways you can improve your journey through menopause.
This blog post and the recommendations made herein are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended to be used as healthcare advice. Individuals are encouraged to consult their healthcare provider with questions about their specific needs.
The references provided in this blog post are identified for informational purposes only and such references and the underlying research, including the entities and individuals involved in the underlying research, did not involve Amberen and are not affiliated with Amberen or the makers of Amberen.